Our people are key to the high-quality, comprehensive services we provide to our clients. We’ve gathered a team of accomplished professionals who not only have world-class expertise in their particular fields but also a wide breadth of experience in clinical operations.
To put it simply, we hire smart, independent thinkers, problem-solvers, open communicators and keen collaborators. This has enabled us to cultivate an agile, dependable and customer-focused team, ready to guide you through every stage of your clinical trial with efficiency, honesty and integrity.
If you’re looking for a skilled team of dedicated and meticulous clinical trial experts, then we’re the right CRO for you.
Our Leadership team
Dr David Lloyd
- 30 years of research experience in academia, pharma & CROs
- Advisor to the Australian Government on Clinical Research reforms
- Prominent industry positions including Co-Chair of the R&D Taskforce
- Appointed to NSW Dept of Health Early Phase Expert Oversight Committee
- Previous member of several NHMRC committees overseeing clinical research
Dr Tracey Frear
Director, Clinical Operations
- 25+ years of global clinical research experience based in AU & EU
- PhD in viral immunology
- Experience in biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceutical, consultancy and CROs
- Significant skills in operational and project management
Director of Biometrics
- 28 years’ experience across all biometric functions
- Leadership of DM and Statistics departments in large global CROs in Australia and the UK
- Established DM and Statistics departments CROs.
- Very broad range of experience across a number of eCRF platforms and in SAS programming.
- Pharmacology (pharmacokinetics) qualification
- 27+ years clinical research experience in CROs and pharma
- Clinical operations development pathway from CRA through SPM across Asia Pacific and extensive line management experience
Dr Joanne Marjason
- 35+ years of hospital and community-based medicine
- 20+ years of clinical research experience
- Principal Investigator on 200+ early phase clinical trials
- Member of multiple DSMBs / SRCs
- Extensive experience as GP, Medical Monitor and PI
Director, Corporate Development
- Extensive corporate experience across the R&D, ICT, Medical & Clinical Research sectors
- Business Partnering and Advisory background working with fast growing SMEs
- Experience in biotech, pharma, consultancy and CROs
- Regional exposure across Australia, SEA, UK and US
Join our team and help shape the future of Southern Star Research!
At Southern Star Research, we foster a work environment that offers our team the opportunity to engage with meaningful and life changing work. We have a strong focus on building positive, long-lasting relationships with our colleagues and clients, and we encourage and enable our people to strike a healthy balance between their professional and personal lives.
At Southern Star Research, you will work with the talented and experienced clinical researchers, data scientists, and thought leaders to change how we bring a clinical trial to fruition.
As a full-service clinical research organisation, we look for professionals who are generalists, with a breadth and depth of clinical operations experience and can add value beyond their roles. If working in a varied role with broad exposure across the business, career development opportunities and the chance to work in a company that strives to have a culture of flexibility, inclusion, integrity & professionalism, we would love to hear from you. If this excites you, please get in touch with your CV and cover letter.
We're committed to supporting a diverse workforce
Submit your CV
We’re always on the lookout for talent! If you are thinking about a future with us, sign up to stay connected and be informed of any new opportunities.