Southern Star Research is a leading Australian, privately owned CRO based in Sydney. We specialise in providing clinical research services to a range of clients across the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology markets in Australia and New Zealand.
We recognise that attracting and retaining excellent staff is the key to developing a high quality CRO and providing our Customers with the best service possible. We greatly value the contributions our staff make to our clients’ projects and to the Company. Southern Star Research’s culture is focused on fostering and maintaining a positive, professional and productive work environment.
Due to continued growth and a strong project pipeline, we’re looking for talented full-time Senior/Statistical Programmers to join our team either in our Sydney office or home-based across Australia.
If you’re interested in joining an innovative, exciting, Australian owned CRO, we’d love to talk to you.
About the role
Reporting to the Associate Director, Statistics, you’ll be responsible for:
- Review of the statistical analysis plans and mock outputs;
- SAS programming of randomization schedules, derived datasets and study outputs;
- Validation of SAS programs
- SDTM & ADaM programming
- Review of study database designs and data management documentation;
- Provide SAS programming support to Data Management including data reconciliations, complex consistency checks and raw data listings.
- Contribute to the development of new SOP’s and the review of SOP’s;
- Perform additional duties as required.
To be successful in the role, we’re looking for candidates with:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in statistical programming, preferably in the CRO environment;
- Familiarity with CDISC and industry-related standards and guidelines;
- A sound knowledge and understanding of regulations governing clinical research, ICH/GCP Guidelines and applicable regulations;
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment with competing projects and deadlines;
- Exceptional communication skills as well as strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with clarity;
- Demonstrated business ethics and integrity;
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in the medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare disciplines
Why Southern Star Research?
Southern Star Research is a growing business and this is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their SAS Programming skills by being involved in all aspects of programming across a range of different therapeutic areas.
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package;
- Genuine work-life balance (we appreciate you have hobbies, family and a personal life outside work);
- We value flexibility, and we welcome a discussion on what might work for you to meet your work/life commitments and support your wellbeing;
- Career stability and security;
- Office located in Gordon – under cover parking provided and close to public transport;
- STAR day – one extra day off per year for you to recharge
We’d love to connect with you!
Don’t have the all the requirements of this role, but still interested? Please still apply!
Inclusivity, Diversity and Equality
Our commitment is to create a safe and inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our employees with their diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.