Southern Star Research is a leading Australian, privately owned CRO based in Sydney. We specialise in providing clinical research services to a range of clients across the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology markets in Australia and New Zealand.
We recognise that attracting and retaining excellent staff is the key to developing a high quality CRO and providing our Customers with the best service possible. We greatly value the contributions our staff make to our clients’ projects and to the Company. Southern Star Research’s culture is focused on fostering and maintaining a positive, professional and productive work environment.
Due to continued growth and a strong project pipeline, we’re looking for talented full-time Senior Clinical Research Associates and Clinical Research Associates to join our team either in our Sydney office or home-based across Australia.
If you’re interested in joining an innovative, exciting, Australian owned CRO, we’d love to talk to you.
About the role
Reporting to the Clinical Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting site qualification, interim monitoring and study closeout visits;
- Act as a central point of contact at investigator meetings and site initiation visits;
- Manage all aspects of the clinical monitoring process;
- Build and develop relationships with site stakeholders; and
- Identify, evaluate and recommend new potential investigators and sites on an ongoing basis.
To be successful in the role, we’re looking for candidates with:
- A minimum of 2 -3 years of independent monitoring experience;
- A solid understanding and knowledge of appropriate therapeutic indications as they relate to the conduct of clinical trials;
- A sound knowledge and understanding of regulations governing clinical research, ICH/GCP Guidelines and applicable regulations;
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment with competing projects and deadlines;
- Exceptional communication skills as well as strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with clarity. Ability to address study related clinical site issues with appropriate guidance and initiates and communicate corrective action as indicated;
- Demonstrated business ethics and integrity.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in the medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare disciplines
Why Southern Star Research?
Southern Star Research is a growing business and this is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to be involved in all aspects of clinical trials across a range of different therapeutic areas.
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package;
- Company’s Sponsorship option leading to Permanent residency is available.
- Genuine work-life balance (we appreciate you have hobbies, family and a personal life outside work);
- We value flexibility, and we welcome a discussion on what might work for you to meet your work/life commitments and support your wellbeing;
- Career stability and security;
- Office located in Gordon – under cover parking provided and close to public transport;
- STAR day – one extra day off per year for you to recharge
We’d love to connect with you!
Don’t have the all the requirements of this role, but still interested? Please still apply!
Inclusivity, Diversity and Equality
Our commitment is to create a safe and inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our employees with their diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.