Role: Fulltime- Hybrid
(Mid senior level)
Southern Star Research is a leading Australian, privately owned CRO based in Sydney. We specialise in providing clinical research services to a range of clients across the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology markets in Australia and New Zealand.
We recognise that attracting and retaining excellent staff is the key to developing a high quality CRO and providing our Customers with the best service possible. We greatly value the contributions our staff make to our clients’ projects and to the Company. Southern Star Research’s culture is focused on fostering and maintaining a positive, professional and productive work environment.
Due to continued growth and a strong project pipeline, we’re looking for a talented full-time Clinical Trial Manager to join our team either in our Sydney office or home-based across Australia.
If you’re interested in joining an innovative, exciting, Australian owned CRO, we’d love to talk to you.
About the role
Reporting to the Projects Director, you’ll be responsible for:
- Team leadership, training and mentoring of site management and monitoring team;
- Contracted service delivery relating to aspects of site management and monitoring for assigned projects;
- Optimise vendor management activities applicable to site management and monitoring areas of allocated projects;
- Management of project finance;
- Project tracking and reporting on site management and monitoring status to Project Managers and clients as required;
- Ensure that the project delivery is in accordance with GCP, ISO, internal procedures, applicable regulations and standards and project specific documents;
- Perform any additional responsibilities as assigned.
Does this sound like you?
To be successful in the role, we’re looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of experience of on-site monitoring of clinical trials as a CRA is required;
- A solid understanding and knowledge of appropriate therapeutic indications as they relate to the conduct of clinical trials;
- Oncology experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team;
- A sound knowledge and understanding of ICH-GCP;
- Exposure to a broad range of trials across multiple therapeutic areas;
- Ability to work independently;
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in the medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare disciplines (MSc or PhD is highly desirable).
Why Southern Star Research?
Southern Star Research is a growing business and this is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to be involved in all aspects of clinical trials across a range of different therapeutic areas and progress their skills in project management.
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package;
- Genuine work-life balance (we appreciate you have hobbies, family and a personal life outside work);
- We value flexibility, and we welcome a discussion on what might work for you to meet your work/life commitments and support your wellbeing;
- Career stability and security;
- Office located in Gordon – under cover parking provided and close to public transport;
- STAR day – one extra day off per year for you to recharge
We’d love to connect with you!
Don’t have the all the requirements of this role, but still interested? Please still apply!
Inclusivity, Diversity and Equality
Our commitment is to create a safe and inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our employees with their diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.