Southern Star Research is a leading Australian, privately owned CRO based in Sydney. We specialise in providing clinical research services to a range of clients across the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology markets in Australia and New Zealand.
We recognise that attracting and retaining excellent staff is the key to developing a high-quality CRO and providing our Customers with the best service possible. We greatly value the contributions our staff make to our clients’ projects and to the Company. Southern Star Research’s culture is focused on fostering and maintaining a positive, professional and productive work environment.
Due to continued growth and a strong project pipeline, we’re looking for talented full-time Senior Clinical Project Managers or Clinical Project Managers to join our team either in our Sydney office or home-based across Australia.
If you’re interested in joining an innovative, exciting, Australian owned CRO, we’d love to talk to you.
About the role
Reporting to the Projects Director, you’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively managing all aspects of the trial process including trial timelines, budgets, resources and vendor relationships
- Acting as the central point of contact for all client trial enquiries
- Preparing and managing project plans as well as implementing quality standards and risk mitigation strategies as required
- Managing a cross-functional project team through all phases of the clinical trial
- Leading sponsor study start-up process, including kick off meetings, site selection as well as other various agreements and budgets
- Ensuring effective project plans are in place and operational for each trial within trial appropriate SOPs and ICH/GCP guidelines
- Development and review of documents to ensure alignment with standard operation procedures and local regulations
- Mentor project team members as needed.
Does this sound like you?
To be successful in the role, we’re looking for candidates with:
- A minimum of 2 years in a project management role within a CRO environment
- A solid understanding and knowledge of appropriate therapeutic indications as they relate to the conduct of clinical trials
- Early Phase experience
- A sound knowledge and understanding of ICH-GCP
- Exposure to a broad range of trials across multiple therapeutic areas
- Ability to work independently
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in the medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare disciplines (MSc or PhD is highly desirable)
Why Southern Star Research?
Southern Star Research is a growing business and this is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to be involved in all aspects of clinical trials across a range of different therapeutic areas and progress their skills in project management.
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package;
- Genuine work-life balance (we appreciate you have hobbies, family and personal life outside work);
- We value flexibility, and we welcome a discussion on what might work for you to meet your work/life commitments and support your wellbeing;
- Career stability and security;
- Office located in Gordon – undercover parking provided and close to public transport;
- STAR day – one extra day off per year for you to recharge
We’d love to connect with you!
Don’t have all the requirements of this role, but still interested? Please still apply!
Inclusivity, Diversity and Equality
Our commitment is to create a safe and inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our employees with their diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Please follow the links to submit your application or please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.