About the job
Southern Star Research is a leading Australian, privately owned CRO based in Sydney. We specialise in providing clinical research services to a range of clients across the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology markets in Australia and New Zealand.
We recognise that attracting and retaining excellent staff is the key to developing a high quality CRO and providing our Customers with the best service possible. We greatly value the contributions our staff make to our clients’ projects and to the Company. Southern Star Research’s culture is focused on fostering and maintaining a positive, professional and productive work environment.
Due to continued growth and a strong project pipeline, we’re looking for a talented full-time Business Development Manager to join our team remotely based in the United States.
If you’re interested in joining an innovative, exciting, Australian owned CRO, we’d love to talk to you.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development, located in Australia, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the end to end sales process, from initial engagement to project handover;
- Establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with key suppliers or third-party vendors;
- Proactively identifying and developing prospective customers;
- Developing clear, effective and impactful proposals and quotations with the support of the proposals team;
- Coordinating the sales effort with various internal departments;
- Proactively supplying management with a range of different reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services;
- Attending conferences and seminars, virtually and in person.
Does this sound like you?
To be successful in the role, we’re looking for candidates with:
- 4-5 years of direct business development experience within a CRO;
- Strong working knowledge of the clinical research industry and knowledge of the clinical trial industry in Australia is a plus;
- Proven network in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry selling Phase I-II clinical trials;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment with competing projects and deadlines;
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build rapport with C level level;
- High degree of computer literacy specifically experienced in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Web-Browser applications and capable of learning new systems; and
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in the medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare disciplines (highly desirable).
Why Southern Star Research?
Southern Star Research is a growing business and this is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their skills within the clinical research industry, be involved in managing the complete sales cycle and have a flair for relationship management and proactive business development.
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package;
- Fun and collaborative culture;
- New business development;
- Diverse clients and projects;
- Strong commission structures & benefits;
- Genuine work-life balance (we appreciate you have hobbies, family and a personal life outside work);
- Remote working;
- Career stability and security; and
- Much more!
We’d love to connect with you!
Don’t have the all the requirements of this role, but still interested? Please still apply!
Inclusivity, Diversity and Equality
Our commitment is to create a safe and inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our employees with their diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.